COVID-19 HEALTH & SAFETY
Updated November 18th 2020
Island Elite Cheerleading Health & Safety Protocols:
1) Drop off & pick up only, viewing area/lobby will be closed until further notice. Only athletes & coaches permitted inside the gym.
2) Athletes may only enter through the front door and may only exit through the rear door (near the bay door facing the parking lot).
3) Athletes must sign in with a coach upon arrival at the front door, then complete a verbal health survey, use hand sanitizer, and disinfect their cheer shoes before entering gym.
4) Athletes must wear a mask while lined up outside of the gym before practice and inside the gym at all times unless they are having a mask or water break as instructed by their coaches. When having a mask or water break, athletes must be at their personal belonging bin, 6 feet apart from others.
5) If you or anyone in your family is sick, please do not come to the gym. Please refer to our most up to date sick policy. Send us an email ahead of time to cancel. Unfortunately, No refunds will be permitted.
6) Contactless payment preferred. If you have a credit card on file, your account will be charged for each lesson/class. If you do not have an account on file an e-transfer for the class cost including GST must be emailed to BEFORE your class.
7) You may line up outside 15 minutes ahead of time at the most. Coaches will allow athletes inside the gym 5 minutes before class begins. Please maintain 6 feet apart while lined up outside & entering the gym. Safe distance markings will be in place.
8) Athletes will be assigned a personal practice area at least 6 feet away from other athletes on the floor. Please only bring a water bottle, phone, and keys inside the gym. Personal belongings should only be stored inside your bin in your personal practice space. Bins will be sanitized after every class.
9) Stunting, spotting, formation work, and contact with others will only occur with masks on. Athletes & coaches will sanitize hands before and after these interactions. Coaches will use masks & gloves to perform emergency first aid if needed.
10) All equipment will be sanitized between use from one athlete to another during a class. Athletes may be asked to wipe down their equipment and the expectation is that they cooperate with all health & safety guidelines. All equipment and high touch surfaces such as door handles, light switches, and taps will be sanitized after each class. All mats & floors will be deep cleaned each night with a chemical sprayer using Lysol Multi Surface Cleaner (included on Health Canada’s list of disinfectants with evidence for use against Covid-19).